Berkeley High Crew rows out of the Jack London Aquatic Center (JLAC) on the Oakland Estuary, located a half mile south of Jack London Square at Estuary Park.
115 Embarcadero, Oakland, California (google map)
JLAC is a 10 minute walk from Lake Merit Bart station. Students travel to JLAC by BART after school in time for practice at 4:30pm, and get picked up by parents after practice.
- Take highway 24/980 toward Downtown Oakland and highway 880 (the Nimitz) and get off at the Jackson St. exit just after crossing over 880.
- Continue on Jackson Street through 2 sets of lights and at the 2nd light (Shell station) turn right on to Oak St.
- After crossing the railroad tracks, Oak St. curves left merging into the Embarcadero; Jack London Square is on the right, but continue left, passing a discount warehouse.
- The Jack London Aquatic Center driveway is on the right, at Estuary Park, before you cross the bridge.
- To return, backtrack to Oak St; at the light cross under the freeway and turn left onto 6th St. continue straight two blocks to the 880 on ramp.